Monday, January 30, 2012

High of 82, Low of 79

Yes please!  Tomorrow I am flying to a dream destination... Thailand.  One of the main reasons Todd and I accepted this relocation was the opportunity to travel an entirely different side of the world, and for cheaper than from the US.


I am so excited about going, not only because it's Thailand, but because it's going to be warm and I will actually get to lay out in the sun!  In Shanghai it's been hovering around 44 degrees during the day, and mid 30's at night.  The problem is, it's a wet cold.  I've handled plenty of KY winters... walking to an 8 am class in college where it's 18 degrees at the time, but I don't remember it feeling as cold as this.  The cold here is the type you feel all the way to your bones. It cuts through anything, and takes your body double the time to go "numb" where the chill is tolerable.  Therefore, 82 degree sunshine sounds like Heaven.  Plus, the amazing scenery will be icing on the cake.


The part of Thailand we are going to is a small island called Koh Samui (Some spell it K-O, no H).  Some of our friends from Todd's office also coincidently went to the exact same island the past few weeks, so if our trips are half as wonderful as theirs were, it will be the trip of a lifetime.



There's so much to do in the area.  You can go elephant trekking, see amazing water falls, rent a jeep and tour around the island to see the fishing villages, and more.  However, with as hard as Todd has been working and as much as I love the sun, we're just going to lounge around and enjoy our resort.  We're considering this trip the honeymoon we never took.


We stay the night in Bangkok before going to the island, and before heading back to Shanghai due to flight times.  When I think of Bangkok, all I picture is "The Hangover II".  Dumb movie, but it definitely leaves an impression!




I'll post pictures when we get back from our trip, but until then "Too-Da-Loo..."

No comments:

Post a Comment