Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Holiday

Let me start off by saying I'm a "romcom" junkie!  I love them, no matter how corny, and usually, no matter how poor the acting.  They just make me feel good and not take life so seriously.
Today I watched "The Holiday".  The first time I saw it was in college.  I believe I rented it and another "romcom" to watch while self loathing after a "break up" (probably lasting 5 hours) with Todd... yes... Todd... my husband. ; )
It's soooo cute!  I love the cast... Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jack Black, and Jude Law.  Kind of a crazy combination, but it works.




Can I please say, Jude Law is sooooo cute in this movie.  He's very attractive, plus he's a father in this and he makes your heart melt.


I think the other reason I love this movie is because Cameron Diaz's character is a movie trailer maker.  I would LOVE to have that job.  I've had an obsession with making movies ever since I took a class on it in college.  Plus, because of her job, the movie also kind of makes fun of her by doing trailers of her life throughout, which I love, because I always wish life was like a movie with the perfect song playing in the background of that perfect kiss, or the sad dramatic music during an argument, etc.  I know it's weird, but if you know me, you get it.


Anyway, if you haven't seen the movie but you enjoy a cheesy, feel good romcom every once in a while, definitely go rent it.  Oh, and the trailer below doesn't do it justice.  It's actually quite horrible!


No comments:

Post a Comment