Saturday, August 13, 2011

CSI: Dallas

I used to think I wouldn't be able to be a doctor or nurse because I couldn't handle blood, however, I think it would only be smells that would get to me after the experience I had tonight.

One of my very best friends here in TX opened her fridge to get something out and proceeded to drop a pint bowl with lid (for my Crate peeps) filled with baked beans on the ground.  The bowl broke and proceeded to cut her foot.  Only people who know her would understand what happened next.  Instead of freaking out or crying or anything a normal person seeing their blood pool on the kitchen floor would do, she instead in a sing-song voice said "I need help.  I'm bleeding."  Her husband and I came running and couldn't believe the damage done.  It looked like a small scale version of Dexter!



Her husband took care of her while I cleaned up the mess.  I don't know that I'll ever look at baked beans the same again.  In her humorous fashion, she repeatedly apologized for ruining dinner because we wouldn't be able to grill out now, and told a story about how she did the same thing one Christmas Eve by slicing her finger a minute before they were to sit down to eat, and she had to go to the ER to get stitches.  She also said I solidified our friendship because no one had ever cleaned up her blood but her husband. : )




My friend is completely fine and received 6 stitches.  I will go with her to get them taken out.  I guess my adventures have started even before I get to Shanghai!

No comments:

Post a Comment