Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky

So this was my friend's first trip to Kentucky, and while it wasn't under the most perfect terms, I managed to introduce her to a few Kentucky experiences.


She ate her first Kentucky Hot Brown on her birthday and loved it!


Now this isn't "Kentucky" but it is Danville (my hometown)... She ate at Guadalajara and experienced white cheese dip, which I missed so much while I was in Texas.


She drank an Ale-8-1, the only soft drink still in existence that was
invented in Kentucky.


 She ate beer cheese, which is a spicy, cheese spread,
great with pretzels or Fritos Scoops!




We also got to go on a tour of Churchill Downs.  I lived in Kentucky until I was 24 and had never toured the premises.  It was very cool.  Another post to come about it!


The best part of the entire trip was the fact she left with a Kentucky shirt and flip flops for herself, as well as a shirt for her husband and son.  She is a Oklahoma State fan through and through, but all she's heard from me for more than
3 years is Big Blue this, Kentucky that, SEC this, Wildcats that.
One her flights back to TX, 3 people yelled a comment at her similar to
"Go Big Blue" or "Go Cats", including 2 of her pilots.  She got a
small taste of the Big Blue Nation.


No comments:

Post a Comment