Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thelma and Louise

On a happier note, I was still able to road trip to Kentucky with an amazing friend of mine.  She is like a sister to me, with a little "foster mom" mixed in.  She opened her home to me for months while I was finishing things up in Dallas and Todd was already in Shanghai, and I'm so thankful for that time with her.  We grew very close and I cherish our friendship.


It was nice to be in a car with her, enjoying life.  She was there when I got the news about my father, and would have completely understood if I just flew home or hopped on a plane or in the car with Todd when he flew back in, but I wanted that time with her and wanted her there, and it was a trip I will always remember.  And might I add, she spent her 40th birthday in a car with me for 9 hours finishing our trip to KY!


When you're in a car for 14 hours, you listen to a lot of music.  We listened to everything from country to rock to pop, and 2 wonderful CD mixes made by a wonderful friend of mine.  My friend particularly enjoyed the songs "Move my jacket" (which was actually "Moves like Jagger" by Maroon 5) and "You'll Think of Me" by Keith Urban where she thought he sang "Take your cat, but leave my sweater" because men hate cats according to her. She couldn't believe he would sing "take your cap".

The best song of the road trip which ended in tears from laughing so hard was "Bohemian Rhapsody".  We totally pulled a Wayne's World moment
without even trying.


These moments are probably not funny to anyone but us, unless you know us very well, but they were unforgettable to me.  You would have to understand our sense of humor, because this is the same person who made me crack up by saying things like "I'm breathing like a fat person" when eating a double cheese burger dripping with mayo, and who commented randomly in the airport "I think the Chicago airport smells like sausages... wait, no... Saaaaaa sages."  It's the little things in life and it was these things that made me laugh and smile during a hard time.  So thank you, Johnna, for being an amazing friend, being there when I needed you most, and for being as big of a dork as me.


No comments:

Post a Comment