Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Very Interesting...

I have a longer post about Shanghai coming, but to spark interest before doing so, I had to mention a few interesting things I've noticed over here...


People are obsessed with Justin Bieber.  I understand this is a phenomenon in
the USA, too, but just picture yourself walking down the street and
someone singing it in"Engrish" very very loudly,
on a regular basis.


The chinese are obsessed with their pets.  For example, they dye their poodle's
hair multi colors (imagine a blue tail, pink ears, etc.) and in the
picture above, the poodle is wearing pink shoes.
This is very, very common.


To give you an idea of just how obsessed they are with their animals, last night
after dinner, my husband and I were walking around with some friends
and saw a woman carrying her very fat cat in a baby bjorn-like
device.  Again, this is not a surprise, however, it's
typically dogs being carried in this way.


Lastly, I don't know that I will ever get used to children going to the bathroom
on the street, in planters, etc.  It's just a very interesting experience
and no one seems to have a problem with it.  I guess all
 cultures are different and I will embrace it
and go on with my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment