Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us Better, not Bitter"

I'm posting a lot of blog submissions close together because my last few weeks
in Dallas didn't go exactly as planned.  I suppose that goes with the theme of
my blog, though.  Life is uncharted territory.  There's no way to predict what
is going tohappen moment to moment.


The last week I was in Dallas, I received the tragic news my father had passed away.  His death came only 9 months and 1 day after my mother's passing.  While I know these were two defining and life changing events, events many would say are very difficult to overcome, I'm in a very good place.  If anything, these events have made me realize how amazingly blessed I am.  When these events happened, I was surrounded by the love of family and friends I probably took for granted.  I leaned on people who fully supported me and allowed me to grieve in a way that was best for me.  People were there for me without end,
but knew I wasn't broken and I would survive these events.




While I would have much rather have had many more years with my parents,
I feel so lucky and thankful for the time I had.  They adopted me and saw me grow up, graduate high school, graduate college, fall in love, get married, and go out on my own knowing I was going to be ok and live to be the daughter they raised me to be.  I have a friend who lost her father when she was much younger than me, and he didn't get to see her become the woman she is today or be there on her wedding day.  Now that is what I call tragic, because she's a beautiful person and he would be very proud of her.


I know these events will effect and change me in ways I am completely
unaware of, ways I may never notice or understand, and ways no one
may ever notice or understand, but I do know I will never forget
how blessed I am or take life for granted.


So thank you to everyone who has been there for me in my life, especially over the last year of my life.  I couldn't have gotten through it without you, and definitely
couldn't have the strength to try to come out on top without
every bit of love and support I've received.







No comments:

Post a Comment